Friday 27 February 2009

oRiOn's Rant of the Day - our Boys in Blue (BiBs)

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet (NOT!) - more like short and to-the-point.

Why, I hear you ask?

'Cos it still hurts - and I'm too pained by it all.

Why do our Boys in Blue (BiBs) have to go and lose the T20 series to the Black Caps when they managed to beat just about everybody else in the last few months?

I mean, does this make an iota of sense to you? Do you even know the population of Kiwiland? Its like the population of Andheri - 4 million! Its a wonder that they can even get 11 lads to knock a ball around on the cricket pitch! And to add insult to injury, they play cricket PART TIME!!!

Smells fishy, don't you think? REEKS of MATCH FIXING!

And to think that I had a buck (well, maybe a few) riding on the outcome.

I'm hopping mad, I tell you - there I was, thinking I'd recover my wager with some beer money thrown in for the weekend so I can go out and be a REAL MAN, and now this!

A big frigging hole in my pocket. Feel so like a lowlife right now.

Looks like I'm going to have to slum it out this Friday night - having spent my allowance backing our BiBs.

Sheesh!

Never again. I've said that to myself before, and the BiBs have kinda built up my confidence in them, having knocked the stuffing out of the Aussies and the Lankans and the Saffas - but now I'm shattered. And to think that some bookies are laughing all the way to the bank (Jannat-eshtyle) with MY MONEY makes me sick to tmy stomach...

Nah, I'm just down in the dumps for now, mateys.

Waaaah! Mummy! She's just about the only person who can console me right now.

oRiOn

No comments: